After several years away from Blogger, but not from African cuisine,
I'm now in Kigali, Rwanda, with Kwadwo, learning about a whole new part of Africa. Last night we celebrated our 53rd (!) anniversary at NYURAH restaurant. He just accepted a job at Carnegie Mellon, Rwanda.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
Well, old and new friends of BETUMI ("tumi" means to be able to do something in the AkanTwi language, "betumi," essentially means: "We Can Do It"). It looks like our old BETUMIBlog has morphed into a new blogger site. It's been awhile since I've posted here, but my enthusiasm for African Cuisine has not faltered. For those new to this blog, Kwadwo (my husband of 50+ years) and I first started a public conversation after we married in 1972. My first book( A New Land to Live In ) shared letters from the year I spent along in Ghana to appease my parents, who were against my marriage to a fellow classmate who happened to be from Ghana. I was enthusiastic about the delicious food of Ghana, and ended up writing a book to teach my own children how to cook some basic Ghanaian dishes ( A Good Soup Attracts Chairs ). That book became popular among elementary and secondary school children in schools. Later I collaborated with Barbara Baeta on the classic G...
Comments
Post a Comment